A complete Roadmap to Successfully Selling a Middle Market Business
As you prepare to sell your business, we will help you understand and assess these important factors before marketing your company to potential buyers. our experience has shown that up-front preparation and planning maximizes the success of the final outcome and helps make the entire process smoother and more predictable.
TIMING: 6 months to 2 years prior to initiating a Sales Process.
- Revenue growth creates confidence that a buyer will be able to generate sales and revenue after the business changes hands.
- Maximize profit by focusing on achieving operational efficiencies, cost reductions and other value enhances in advance so they’re easily demonstrated to a buyer.
- What is it that is driving the value of your business? Is it recurring annual contracts?
- Is your market position unique? What makes you different from your competitors?
- What is your business worth? Be sure not to mistake its value for what you need, or want to retire.
- What is motivating you to sell your business?
- Break free from the day-to-day operations of your business. Prospective buyers need to see a strong supporting management team.
- Is your customer list concentrated between one or two customers?
- How does your company compare to the health of its industry segment?
- A diverse product set, or portfolio of services, provides opportunities for growth in an increasingly competitive market.
- Have strong financial controls and processes in place.
- Reliable financial statements and accurate, timely reporting are important features that often influence a buyer’s decision.
- Solid cash flows, a strong management team, and lower capital expenditure will position your business as an attractive acquisition.
While finding the “right buyer” may appear obvious, the fact is that it takes contacts,
networking, research, experience and expertise to be successful. Selling your business is a team effort between the Seller and the intermediary working hand in hand to present the
business in the best possible way. it is our commitment that time will not be wasted by
uncommitted candidates and that your transaction will be handled in the strictest confidence.
TIMING: Most successful sales processes take 6-12 months to complete.
Wiley & Associates provides the following Sell-Side Representation services to facilitate a successful outcome:
HISTORY & CURRENT BASELINE
OWNERS GOALS AND TIMELINE
Assessment of Current Company
- Growth Strategy
- Sales and Marketing Strategy
PROCESS OVERVIEW & BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- Define the criteria for the sale of the business
- Process timeline and milestones / exit Ramps
- Valuation of the company to establish a sale price
MARKETING & SALES PROCESS
- Prepare confidential Memorandum on business
- Notify network of associates and partners for potential buyers
- Advertise business through extensive company databases and websites
- Step by step, one on one assessment of potential buyers
- Qualify potential buyers both financially and confidentially
LEGAL & CLOSING PROCESS
- Assist in negotiation strategies
- Management of the professional teams, attorneys and accountants
- Final Deal Structure and close
PEACE OF MIND
Our only goal is to provide you, the seller, with the tools that you need to prepare for this important life event, to help guide the process that leads to a successful outcome and lastly and most importantly gives you the peace of mind that this will be done with care, professionalism, the utmost confidentiality and with an attention to detail. Please contact us for a no-obligation discussion of what your specific goals and needs are for your business now and into the future.
Wiley & Associates provides Sell-Side Representation services to facilitate a successful outcome.